Kyoritsu Maintenance Scholarship 2019
2. Submit the form with the required documents to A to Z Language Centre (Damansara) by hand or courier (note: hard-copy required).
3. A to Z Language Centre will contact you through e-mail upon receiving your application.
4. Should there be a preliminary interview, short-listed applicants will be informed through email.
For more information, please contact Nishio @ (+60)3-7728-4662 / (+60)173360025
Basic Information on the Scholarship Offered
|Name of scholarship:||Kyoritsu Maintenance Scholarship
|Amount:||JPY 60,000 every month|
|Duration of Scholarship:||April 2019 – March 2020|
|Applicable schools:||Japanese Language School|
|No. of scholarship available:||2 (two)|
Eligibility & Requirements:
• Applicant must be a citizen of Malaysia.
• Passed OR have the Japanese proficiency level of JLPT N4 and above.
• Intend to enroll and study in a Japanese Language School in Japan in April 2019.
• Graduated from secondary school.
• Successful candidates are required to submit 2 reports in a year (within 800 words) as directed by the organization (further details will be given).
a) Submit the following documents to A to Z Language Centre (Damansara)
1. Registration form. (Download); (Sample)
2. Recommendation letter (hand-written in the space provided in the form)
*Recommendation letter must be written in Japanese by your (Japanese language) school principal, head of department, mentor or teacher.
3. Passport size photo (proper photo, white background preferred)
4. IC copy
5. A copy of your JLPT certificate (N4 and above) or Japanese Language School Certificate indicating your Japanese proficiency level.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
b) Please submit all documents by hand or courier to:
A TO Z LANGUAGE CENTRE (DAMANSARA)
70B JALAN SS21/62, DAMANSARA UTAMA
47400 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR.
c) Registration period:
5th June – 31th July 2018
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 31TH JULY 2018.
*last updated on 17th July 2018
What happens after I send/hand in my application?
1. A to Z Language Centre will inform applicants on the preliminary interview (if any).
2. Short-listed candidates will be informed roughly 1 - 2 weeks before the final interview.
3. All information and enquiries are handled by A to Z Language Centre (Damansara).
Details on the Final Interview
|Date:||6th September 2018 (Thursday)|
|Venue:||JW Marriot hotel, Kuala Lumpur
183 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
|Time:||09:00am – Group interview starts (conducted entirely in Japanese)|
|11:30am – Result announcement|
NOTE: THE DECISIONS MADE BY THE INTERVIEWERS ARE FINAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are online applications accepted?
A: No. You are required to send to us the original application form (hand-written or typed) together with the required documents by hand or courier.
Q: I’ve never taken JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test), can I still participate?
A: Yes. However, you are expected to have the Japanese proficiency level of JLPT N4 and above as all the interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
We recommend you to submit any supporting documents available (example: certificate from your current Japanese language centre).
Q: I’ve never taken JLPT, but I can speak a little because I love animes / I have Japanese friends / I used to attend Japanese classes / I’m learning Japanese now (…etc). How can I find out if I have the proficiency level of someone who has passed JLPT N4?
A: You can give a try at the sample questions provided in JLPT’s official homepage.
To put it simply, you must be able to describe the followings in Japanese:
- i) Able to introduce yourself and give detailed information.
Example: I was born in Johor but my family moved to Kuala Lumpur when I was 9 years old due to my father’s job.
- ii) Able to give reasons for decisions, justify and explain.
Example: a) Takana could not make it to the party because his son is not feeling well.
b) Takana is taking his son to the hospital.
- iii) Able to listen and comprehend conversations about topics regularly encountered in daily life and classroom situations, and is able to pick up necessary information from short conversations.
Q: Can I enroll for a course in a university in Japan through this scholarship?
A: No. This scholarship is only applicable for those who would like to enroll for the April 2019 intake in a Japanese Language School in Japan.
Q: I am not able to attend the interview on 6th September due to certain reasons. Is an online-interview (exp: Skype) or a request to change the day of interview possible?
A: No. If you are not able to attend the interview on 6th September (after being short-listed), you will be disqualified automatically.
Q: Can I leave right after the interview (before announcement of results)?
A: No. We would like to seek for your cooperation in understanding that all short-listed finalists are required to stay throughout the event as the scholarship awarding ceremony will be held during the announcement of the results. Please take note that leaving right after the interview may result in automatic-disqualification.