Kyoritsu Maintenance Scholarship for year 2019
April 2019 – March 2020
Types of schools
No. of scholarship available
- Print out and fill in the registration form.
- Submit the registration form with the required documents to A to Z Language Centre (Damansara) by hand or courier (hard-copy required).
- A to Z Language Centre will contact you through e-mail upon receiving your application.
- Should there be a preliminary interview, short-listed applicants will be informed through email.
5th June – 31th July 2018
All applications must be submitted to A to Z Language Centre by 31TH JULY 2018.
*Late submissions will not be entertained.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Malaysia.
- Applicants must have passed OR have the Japanese proficiency level of JLPT N4 and above.
- Intend to enroll and study in a Japanese Language School in Japan in April 2019.
- Graduated from secondary school.
- The selected scholarship recipients are required to submit 2 reports in a year (within 800 words) as instructed by the organization (further details will be given).
- Registration form.
- Passport size photo (proper photo, white background ONLY)
- IC copy
- A copy of your most recent JLPT certificate (N4 and above) or Japanese Language School Certificate indicating your Japanese proficiency level.
- Recommendation letter (hand-written in the space provided in the form) *Recommendation letter should be written by your school principal, head of department, mentor or teacher.
A to Z Language Centre will inform applicants on the preliminary interview (if any).
- Short-listed candidates from the preliminary interview will be informed in the month of August 2019.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed roughly 1 – 2 weeks before the final interview.
- All information and enquiries are handled by A to Z Language Centre (Damansara).
(DATE, TIME & VENUE)
Details on the Final Interview
- Date: 6th September 2018 (Thursday)
- Time: 09:00am – Group interview starts (conducted entirely in Japanese).
- Results announcement at 11:30am, event expected to end by 12:00pm.
- Venue: JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur
*Decisions made by the interviewers will be final.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No. You are required to send to us the original application form (hand-written) together with the required documents by hand or courier.
You can give a try at the sample questions provided in JLPT’s official homepage.
To put it simply, you must be able to describe the followings in Japanese:
- Able to introduce yourself and give detailed information.
I was born in Johor but my family moved to Kuala Lumpur when I was 9 years old due to my father’s job.
- Able to give reasons for decisions, justify and explain.
a) Takana could not make it to the party because his son is not feeling well.
b) Takana is taking his son to the hospital.
- Able to listen and comprehend conversations about topics regularly encountered in daily life and classroom situations, and is able to pick up necessary information from short conversations.
No. This scholarship is only applicable for those who would like to enroll for the April 2019 intake in a Japanese Language School in Japan.
No. If you are not able to attend the interview on 6th September (after being short-listed), you will be disqualified automatically.
No. We would like to seek for your cooperation in understanding that all short-listed finalists are required to stay throughout the event as the scholarship awarding ceremony will be held during the announcement of the results. Please take note that leaving right after the interview may result in automatic-disqualification.